Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Sanity in the kitchen - Meal planning !

How many times have you walked into your kitchen and opened your refrigerator, staring blankly at its contents, wondering what to cook for breakfast, lunch or dinner - or when your kids come home hungry from school..you reach out for a bag of chips or cookies, only to feel guilty later? I know I've been there many times ! I tried planning meals for the whole week - only to wonder what's the name of the dish under all that scribbling or finding out I don't have the ingredients to make that special dish I planned ! No more - I've figured out a way to meal plan and be prepared to serve my family healthy hot meals ! No more wondering, lots of time to spare and peace of mind at last - and I will show you how! OK - I made this planner but forgot to take step by step pictures but its relatively easy. All you need is some chart paper, sketch pens and ruler. Start by cutting out a comfortable size rectangle / square ( I used a piece of cardboard that came with a product around 12" x 12"). I drew a grid to write down the days of the week and 4 meals - breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner. The extra space I used for two boxes - "to buy" and "to do". My kids drew some eatables in the meal boxes and colored it to make it look pretty. I laminated the sheet to make it stronger and easier to clean or make corrections. Voila! My planner is ready! I use fridge magnets to keep it on the side of my fridge where it's easy to see and write on. I use a whiteboard marker or sketch pen, it wipes clean with a damp rag or duster. The picture of the planner is here, next I will share my ideas how to meal plan ! I hope this helps you in saving a lot of time and help you plan keeping your family's dietary needs in mind. Happy planning !



No comments:

Post a Comment